Thank you for your interest in working with us. We are currently hiring for the following position:
PATRON SERVICES COORDINATOR
Application Deadline: Sunday June 11, 2017
Start Date: Immediate
We are seeking a part-time Patron Services Coordinator (approximately 20-25 hours per week) to assist with coordination of the box office and front-of-house for Aki Studio. Aki Studio is Native Earth’s 120-seat performance space located in Regent Park’s Daniels Spectrum which is rented year-round primarily for theatre performances.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Patron Services, the Patron Services Coordinator will:
- Coordinate, oversee and ensure the smooth operations of the Aki Studio box office and front-of-house.
- Build, maintain, and reconcile ticketing for performances in Aki Studio using Sumac Software.
- Establish department schedules in consultation with the Director.
- Train and supervise Patron Services Representatives and volunteers.
- Coordinate individual and group ticket sales via email, telephone and in-person using Sumac Software.
- Reconcile payment transactions and provide financial reports related to ticket revenue.
- Provide exemplary customer service to the general public regarding Native Earth, its programs, and rentals.
- Represent Native Earth Performing Arts and rental companies in a professional manner.
- In case of emergency, respond to and assess the situation, giving aid if appropriate, and obtaining necessary help if warranted under the established guidelines.
- Manage customer database, maintain procedure guides, and other administrative duties, as necessary.
- Minimum of 1 year experience with box office and front-of-house for a live event venue is a requirement.
- Supervisory or management experience with staff and/or volunteers an asset.
- Experience with Sumac and/or building shows with other ticketing systems an asset.
- This position requires availability to work days, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to comfortably and accurately deal with cash and reconciliation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively problem solving and balancing multiple requests.
- A passion for live theatre and the arts, especially Indigenous performing arts.
- A respect for Indigenous contemporary traditions and sensitivity to the open mind required to work in a cross cultural environment.
- First Aid and CPR Certification an asset.
How to Apply
Interested parties should submit by email a single file (PDF or Word format) with the title format as LastName_FirstName.pdf to email@example.com. This single document should include a cover letter, CV or resume, and two professional references. Please send your email with the subject line “Patron Services Coordinator.”
Applications must be received by Sunday, June 11th, 2017.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. All applications are considered confidential.
Native Earth Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage submissions from culturally diverse applicants. We especially encourage submissions from those who identify as Indigenous.*
*Native Earth Performing Arts uses the term Indigenous to encompass the First Nations, Métis, and Inuit of Turtle Island (North America). We also include Indigenous peoples from other regions including Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Greenland.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.
For information on how to volunteer, please visit here.