Thank you for your interest in working with us. We are currently hiring for the following position:
PATRON SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE
Application Deadline: Sunday, August 13, 2017
Start Date: Tuesday, September 5, 2017
We are seeking a Patron Services Representative to assist with box office and front-of-house for Aki Studio, a 120 seat black-box theatre located in Regent Park’s cultural hub, the Daniels Spectrum. Aki Studio is Native Earth’s performance space and is rented year-round primarily for theatre performances.
Reporting to the Patron Services Coordinator, the Patron Services Representative’s duties include:
- Processing ticket orders placed by phone and in person using ticketing software Sumac.
- Providing exemplary customer service to the general public regarding Native Earth, its programs, and rentals.
- Soliciting individual and group ticket sales via email, telephone and in-person communications.
- Supervising, training and recruiting volunteers in front-of-house and ushering duties.
- Reconciling cash and point-of-sale transactions, as well as other end-of-day facility lock-up procedures.
- Representing Native Earth Performing Arts and rental companies in a professional manner.
- In case of emergency, responding to and assessing the situation, giving aid if appropriate, and obtaining necessary help if warranted under the established guidelines.
- Customer database management, final show reports, and other administrative duties, as necessary.
- Box office and front-of-house management duties as required in the absence of the Manager or Supervisor.
- Available to work evening, weekends and some day shifts.
- Cash-handling and reconciliation experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively problem solving customer service and technical issues.
- A passion for live theatre and the arts, especially Indigenous arts.
- A respect for Indigenous contemporary traditions and sensitivity to the open mind required to work in a cross cultural environment.
- Previous front-of-house and box office/ticketing software experience an asset.
- First Aid Certification an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit by email a single file (PDF or Word format), titled with the format LastName_FirstName.pdf to sarah[at]nativeearth.ca. This single document should include a cover letter, CV or resume, and three professional references. Please send your email with the subject line “Patron Services Representative.”
Applications must be received by Sunday, August 13th, 2017.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. All applications are considered confidential.
Native Earth Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage submissions from culturally diverse applicants. We especially encourage submissions from those who identify as Indigenous.*
*Native Earth Performing Arts uses the term Indigenous to encompass the First Nations, Métis, and Inuit of Turtle Island (North America). We also include Indigenous peoples from other regions including Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Greenland.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.
For information on how to volunteer, please visit here.