Application Deadline: Monday October 7, 2019
Start Date: Monday December 2, 2019
Salary: $17 – 18 /hr
Term: Part-time (20-30 hrs/week)
Native Earth Performing Arts is a not-for-profit performing arts organization dedicated to the creating, developing and producing of professional artistic expression of the Indigenous experience in Canada. We are seeking a part-time Marketing Coordinator to plan and execute the company’s day-to-day marketing strategies and initiatives. Reporting to the Managing Director, the Marketing Coordinator will:
- Plan, manage and execute the company’s annual marketing plan, including advertising and promotion of shows, events, and other initiatives, and dissemination of printed materials (e.g. postcards, posters, season booklets);
- Plan and generate dynamic content for website, e-newsletters, social media, and online advertising;
- Work closely with Graphic Designer and Photographer to deliver promotional/archival materials;
- Plan, execute, and manage public relations activities, including press releases, media invites, media calls, and interviews, while occasionally coordinating the mentioned materials with Publicist;
- Plan, execute, and manage special events including post-show talks and receptions;
- Develop and maintain relationships, coordinate ongoing communication with the performing arts and Indigenous communities, the community-at-large to stimulate awareness and engage existing and new audiences;
- Approve materials related to Native Earth or Aki Studio from partners and rental companies;
- Maintain contact database and communication preferences as they relate to CRTC’s email regulations (CASL);
- Support the work of the Managing Director and Artistic Director as needed, including providing data for final reports and grants, and marketing materials for donor or sponsor development.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a marketing capacity or within the non-profit arts sector.
- Detail-oriented with excellent writing, copy-editing, proofreading skills.
- Experience with website management, including familiarity with WordPress and basic HTML.
- Experience with various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Experience with Photoshop, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, Google Analytics and AdRoll or equivalent programs.
- Project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets with limited resources.
- Relationship-management skills, including the ability to work closely and collaboratively with a wide range of communities, and in a small office environment.
- A passion for live theatre and the arts, especially Indigenous performing arts.
- A respect for Indigenous contemporary traditions and sensitivity to the open mind required to work in a cross cultural environment.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit by email a single file (PDF or Word format), titled with the format LastName_FirstName.pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org. This single document should include a cover letter, CV or resume, and three professional references. Please also include one relevant sample of your communications experience (this may include promotional writing, social media presence, website, or graphic design samples). Please use the email subject “Marketing Coordinator.” Applications must be received by Monday October 7, 2019.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. All applications are considered confidential. Native Earth Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer with a mandate to support Indigenous performing arts. We strongly encourage submissions from culturally diverse applicants. We especially encourage submissions from those who identify as Indigenous*.
*Native Earth Performing Arts uses the term Indigenous to encompass the First Nations, Métis, and Inuit of Turtle Island (North America). We also include Indigenous peoples from other regions including Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Greenland.
For information on how to volunteer, please visit here.