Application Deadline: Tuesday July 2, 2019
Start Date: July 2019
Salary Range: $16/hr
Term: Part-Time (12-20 hrs/week)
Native Earth Performing Arts is a not-for-profit performing arts organization dedicated to the creating, developing and producing of professional artistic expression of the Indigenous experience in Canada. We are seeking a part-time Marketing Assistant to execute the company’s day-to-day marketing strategies and initiatives. Reporting to the Marketing Coordinator, the Marketing Assistant will:
- Assist with executing the company’s annual marketing plan, including advertising and promotion of shows, events, and other initiatives, and dissemination of printed materials (e.g. postcards, posters, season booklets)
- Assist with planning and generating dynamic content for social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Develop promotional materials for Weesageechak Begins to Dance Festival, including artist profiles, and engaging social media campaigns
- Plan, manage, and execute targeted outreach to schools, Indigenous communities, and other community groups
- Develop and maintain relationships, and coordinate ongoing communications with the performing arts community, Indigenous communities, and the community-at-large to stimulate awareness and engage existing and new audiences
- Assist with coordinating special events, including post-show talkbacks, receptions, and fundraisers
- Support the work of the Managing Director and Artistic Director as needed, including marketing materials for annual reports, donor and sponsor development
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a marketing capacity or within the non-profit arts sector
- Detail-oriented with proficient writing, copy-editing, proofreading skills
- Experience with website management, including familiarity with WordPress and basic HTML
- Experience with various social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience with basic photography for creating marketing materials
- Project management, multi-tasking and time-management skills.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with a wide range of communities, and in a small office environment.
- Experience with Photoshop, Hootsuite, Mailchimp, and Google Analytics or equivalent programs.
- A passion for live theatre and the arts, especially Indigenous performing arts.
- A respect for Indigenous contemporary traditions and sensitivity to the open mind required to work in a cross cultural environment.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should submit by email a single file (PDF or Word format) with the title format as
LastName_FirstName.pdf or .doc to firstname.lastname@example.org. This single document should include a cover letter, CV or resume, and two professional references. Please also include one relevant sample of your communications experience (this may include promotional writing, social media presence, website, or graphic design samples). Please use the email subject “Marketing Assistant.” Applications must be received by Tuesday July 2, 2019.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. All applications are considered confidential. Native Earth Performing Arts is an equal opportunity employer with a mandate to support Indigenous performing arts. We encourage submissions from culturally diverse applicants.
We particularly and strongly encourage submissions from those who identify as Indigenous*.
*Native Earth Performing Arts uses the term Indigenous to encompass the First Nations, Métis, and Inuit of Turtle Island (North America). We also include Indigenous peoples from other regions including Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Greenland.
For information on how to volunteer, please visit here.