The Ontario Arts Council (OAC) Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators (formerly known as Theatre Creators’ Reserve) assists Ontario-based professional theatre creators, individuals and collectives, by funding them to develop new work.
Native Earth accepts submissions from emerging and established theatre and multidisciplinary creators who are residents of Ontario. This program provides funding for artists to create new work, and does not fund creation of non-theatre work, workshop costs, or productions.
Native Earth prioritizes the funding of Indigenous artists. Culturally diverse artists are also encouraged to apply.
Artists are strongly encouraged to review the Ontario Arts Council detailed description with guidelines. Please note the following significant changes:
- Applications must be submitted through Nova, OAC’s online grant application system
- All applicants will be notified by OAC through their Nova account
Native Earth traditionally recommended grants between $1,000 and $2,000. Only one submission per individual/collective will be accepted.
As always, we ask those involved with the company to consider the seven traditional values: Courage, Generosity, Tolerance, Strength of Character, Patience, Humility and Wisdom.
Complete and submit an application in Nova, OAC’s online application system. Before applying, you must create or update your profile in Nova.
Your application must include:
- Basic information about the project
- Your responses to application questions:
- Tell us about your (or your group’s) overall artistic work, history and achievements. What is important to you in your work (cultural influences, your identity, geography, community, language, etc) and why? [Maximum 300 words]
- What are you planning to do, and what do you want to achieve with this project? [Maximum 425 words]
- A current CV for all company members and/or collaborators.
- Up to 5 pages of a script (if applicable), or links to/copies of video documentation for work that are not text-centered projects.
- Any information, documentation or media that will provide us with further understanding of your project (if applicable).
FRIDAY DECEMBER 6, 2019
For questions, please contact Keith Barker, Artistic Director by phone at 416-531-1402 x 26, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.