Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators
Applications open for 2022-2022 Season!
Deadline: January 10, 2023
The Ontario Arts Council (OAC) Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators (formerly known as Theatre Creators’ Reserve) assists Ontario-based professional theatre creators, individuals and collectives, by funding them to develop new work.
Native Earth accepts submissions from emerging and established theatre and multidisciplinary creators who are residents of Ontario. This program provides funding for artists to create new work and does not fund creation of non-theatre work, workshop costs, or productions.
Native Earth prioritizes the funding of Indigenous artists. Black and Artists of Colour are also encouraged to apply.
Artists are strongly encouraged to review the Ontario Arts Council’s detailed description with guidelines.
- Applications must be submitted through Nova, OAC’s online grant application system
- All applicants will be notified by OAC through their Nova account
Native Earth traditionally recommended grants between $1,000 and $2,000. Only one submission per individual/collective will be accepted.
As always, we ask those involved with the company to consider the seven traditional values: Courage, Generosity, Tolerance, Strength of Character, Patience, Humility and Wisdom.
Complete and submit an application in Nova, OAC’s online application system. Before applying, you must create or update your profile in Nova.
Your application must include:
- Basic information about the project
- Your responses to application questions:
- Tell us about your (or your group’s) overall artistic work, history and achievements. What is important to you in your work (cultural influences, your identity, geography, community, language, etc) and why? If you identify with one or more of OAC’s priority groups, or if your ad hoc group/collective or organization is mandated to serve one or more of OAC’s priority groups, you may choose to refer to this here. [Maximum 300 words]
- What are you planning to do, and what do you want to achieve with this project? [Maximum 425 words]
- A current CV for all company members and/or collaborators.
- Up to 5 pages of a script (if applicable) or links to/copies of audio/video documentation for work that are not text-centered projects.
- Any information, documentation or media that will provide us with further understanding of your project (if applicable).
Deadline for 2022-2023 Season:
TUESDAY, JANUARY 10, 2023, 1PM ET
For questions, please contact Joelle Peters, Interim Artistic Director by phone at 416-531-1402 x 26, or by email at [email protected].