Congratulations to the 2017/18 recipients:
The Hendrix Collective
Keep Watch Collective
Recommender Grants for Theatre Creators (formerly known as Theatre Creators’ Reserve) through the Ontario Arts Council assists Ontario-based professional theatre creators, individuals and collectives, by funding them to develop new work.
Artists are strongly encouraged to review the Ontario Arts Council detailed description. Native Earth accepts submissions from emerging and established multidisciplinary theatre creators who are residents of Ontario. Please note that this program does not fund creation of non-theatre work, workshops or productions, but are intended to provide funding for artists to have the time to create new work.
Native Earth particularly encourages submissions by Indigenous artists, artists-of-colour and female-identifying artists.
Applicants may request between $1,000 and $2,000.
Only one submission per individual/collective will be accepted.
As always, we ask those involved with the company to consider the seven traditional values: Courage, Generosity, Tolerance, Strength of Character, Patience, Humility and Wisdom.
- A completed copy of the OAC application form.
- Your project proposal, including the description and development history of the project to date, as well as what you envision for the outcome of your piece and its impact on the theatre community (a maximum of two pages)
- A current CV for all company members and/or collaborators.
- Up to 10 pages of a script (if applicable), or links to/copies of video documentation for work that are not text-centered projects.
- Any information, documentation or media that will provide us with further understanding of your project (if applicable).
Deadline for 2017-2018 Season:
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED
Please submit as one document in a PDF with the title “Lastname.FirstnameRGTC” and send to keith[at]nativeearth.ca and admin[at]nativeearth.ca.
Questions can be directed to Keith Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org.